Robert Heske, writer of Cold Blooded Chillers series and The Night Projectionist, was kind enough to share some good advice on how to promote your trade paperback. Below are his thoughts:
1. Make a comic book trailer and post it everywhere, including http://www.comicbooktrailers.com
2. Advertise on http://www.projectwonderful.com.
3. Post bulletins on social networking sites.
4. Write a press release and send it out with the URL of your website and trailer.
Here is a trailer I had produced for BONE CHILLER, a trade paperback based on my COLD BLOODED CHILLERS horror series.
My additional thoughts on his thoughts.
1. First watch Robert Heske’s Bone Chiller trailer. Take note. It looks really professional and sophisticated. With thousands of amateur videos on YouTube, you want to stand out and not being “just another cheesy video.”
2. Advertising is always good. There is nothing wrong with getting the word out in another venue.
3. Don’t go bulletin crazy. I really do hate when I get the same bulletin five times in an hour. Inform, don’t annoy.
4. If you never have written a press release, check out this site.
Robert, thanks for the insight.
Readers make sure you check out his latest issue Bone Chiller on his COLD BLOODED CHILLERS series (it’s good stuff, trust me).